Take this one for example:
Sure, we expect action to have the most, and it’s probably no surprise that documentary has the least, but he goes on to look at shot length too – really diving in to specifics… and then ending with the “Michael Bay – What is Bayhem?” You Tube video – which is utterly fascinating for anyone who wants to learn how to craft movies and shots.
Surf by and have a look. Here are a couple of my other more recent favs:
- Patterns among the most profitable movies (at various budget levels)
- How many Cannes-nominated films get a theatrical release?
- The numbers behind Netflix Original movies and TV shows
- How much of the UK film economy comes from abroad?
- How many editors does it take to edit a movie?
Which one(s) interest you?
Cheers and happy researching,
– – – – – – – – – –
Deb Patz is the author of “Write! Shoot! Edit! A Complete Guide to Filmmaking for Teens” (new in 2017) and “Film Poduction Management 101” both published by MWP Books.
WHERE IS DEB? (upcoming events and appearances)
Jul.30-Aug.3 – Panelist – UFVA Conference, Los Angeles, CA
Aug.4 – Panelist – The Future of Story, LA