How do you prepare film students for the “biz” side of their life to come?
Use “Film Production Management 101” in the classroom!
… but sometimes that’s not enough information to fold in some of the business side of the industry effectively in the classroom, is it?
What makes “Film Production Management 101” by Deborah Patz good to use in the classroom?
- Proven successful by being used daily by industry professionals in working production offices
- Covers essential business-side of the industry information, even including how to interview and be interviewed
- I’ve designed and instructed numerous courses, seminars and workshops (based on the content) in Canada, the USA and UK
- Written based on my real-life film/TV industry experiences
- Required or recommended reading at a number of film schools already
If you’re interested in my being a guest speaker, seminar or workshop leader (in person or via Skype), please contact me.
WHERE IS DEB? (2018 events, appearances)
Feb.17 – Author Participant – Digital Media Youth Expo, North Vancouver BC
Mar.26-28 – Instructor – Screenwriting Workshop for Teens, Vancouver Public Library
Apr.19 – Guest Author – Tea & Ink Writing Club, Tri-Cities BC
May 2-3 – Guest Instructor – Powell River Digital Film (High) School, Powell River BC
May 19-24 – PM Instructor – Screenwriter’s Bootcamp, Charlottetown, PEI
Jul.21-27 – UFVA Conference: Stories Without Borders, Las Cruces New Mexico