How do you prepare film students for the “biz” side of their life to come?
Use “Film Production Management 101” in the classroom!
… but being handed a book is not enough information to fold in some of the business side of the industry effectively in the classroom, is it? Well, not only have I worked for years in the film and TV industry (experiences on which my books are written), but I also have a Certificate in Instructional Design and Development.
What makes “Film Production Management 101” by Deborah Patz good to use in the classroom?
- Proven successful by being used daily by industry professionals in working production offices
- Covers essential business-side of the industry information, even including how to interview and be interviewed
- I’ve designed and instructed numerous courses, seminars and workshops (based on the content) in Canada, the USA and UK
- Written based on my real-life film/TV industry experiences
- Required or recommended reading at a number of film schools already
If you’re interested in my being a guest speaker, seminar or workshop leader, please contact me.